NAVIGATING THE ROAD AHEAD
TOYOTA USA / NORTH AMERICA
- Toyota USA was seeking an effective way to educate young drivers and their parents about the dangers, and new laws, surrounding “distracted driving”.
- They were in need of a creative way to both reach and teach teenagers about an extremely important, yet somewhat boring, topic.
- Create a program that would engage young drivers through means that would garner their enthusiasm while teaching them important lessons simultaneously.
- Toyota’s Distracted Driving Simulator was born.
- Combining teenagers’ zest for video games with cutting edge technology and teaching tools to successfully create a program that resonated with students and parents alike.
- Provided a firsthand account of the realities that can occur from being distracted behind the wheel.
- The program engaged the audience on a personal level, instantly enhancing Toyota’s reputation and elevating their visibility.
- The public responded positively to the program as an extension of their parent/teen program “Toyota Driving Expectations”.
- The proprietary technology was then integrated as a pilot program and rolled out nationally as its own in-school assembly featuring a motivational component given by professional NHRA driver Erica Enders.
- The program was presented in schools to more than 10,000 students from California to Connecticut over its initial roll-out.
o Watch the video below for more on the Toyota Driving Expectations experience.