ENERGIZING AN ICON
FANEUIL HALL MARKETPLACE / BOSTON, MA
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston’s most historic tourist landmark, was facing a decline in foot traffic and an identity crisis with locals.
- At the same time, the city was lacking an appropriate venue within a saturated tourism market to showcase the nation’s leading traveling exhibitions.
- TGG recognized the opportunity to renovate a space within Boston’s historic Faneuil Hall to attract the local population and capitalize on the tourism location at the same time.
- Convert unused retail space into a first class touring exhibition location.
- Develop a dynamic media, marketing and public relations plan to introduce an established venue.
- Book brand name and universally popular exhibitions, Body Worlds & The Art of the Brick, to define the space.
- Collaborate with local businesses within Faneuil Hall and in the surrounding Boston area to implement partnership opportunities to create awareness.
- Hosted more than 300,000 people within its first year.
- Reintroduced the local population to a previously perceived tourism location.
- Increased dwell time for visitation from 20 minutes to 90 minutes.
- Increased sales to insularly businesses by 23 percent.
- Became a staple venue within Boston and a desired location for traveling exhibitions of all types establishing a tremendous proof of concept for a future permanent venue.
o Watch the video below for more on The Art of the Brick at Faneuil Hall.