BOSTON BALLET’S “THE NUTCRACKER” / BOSTON, MA
- The renowned Boston Ballet’s signature show was facing declining ticket sales spanning over a four year stretch.
- It was feared that the legacy of the annual holiday tradition had waned over the generations and now up against increased competition would continue on a true decline.
- TGG was hired to analyze overall marketing activities and explore ways to help reverse the trend.
- TGG aimed to define the core consumer for each segment of Boston Ballet’s business and examine key factors from past sales data including:
o Geographic Location
o Buying Patterns
- A zip-code analysis mapping past tickets purchases was conducted revealing key geographic areas.
- Media reconciliation was conducted to determine overall campaign effectiveness.
- Thorough research by TGG showed that Boston Ballet had misconceptions about their core consumers.
- The marketing and media mix were adjusted to better serve the defined target consumer, based on our results and recommendations.
- Promotional retail marketing partnerships were created to extend the overall campaign and create new organic marketing touch points.
- Boston Ballet saw a 38% ticket sales increase with their cornerstone performance, The Nutcracker.